This Services Charter is part of the setting up of a management model based on Total Quality, that Eustat is implementing in its organisation in order to improve the quality of products and services that it offers the Basque society.
This Services Charter describes the services offered by the Basque Statistics Institute (EUSTAT), the rights that apply to users who do business with us and our undertakings in order to attain a higher level of quality management.
Continuous improvement in management is our main aim. Your comments on positive and negative aspects you may have noticed will be very helpful for us to adjust our services to your demands.
EUSTAT is the administrative autonomous entity of the Autonomous Community of the Basque Country that develops, produces and disseminates quality official statistical information, that is objective and scientifically checked, for Basque public authorities, social agents and citizens. It also drives, leads and coordinates the statistical operations of the Basque Country and cooperates in international and Spanish statistics.
- For their requests for statistical information to be processed effectively and efficiently.
- To be attended in the two official languages of the Basque Country.
- To be informed of the cost of the services requested, when applicable.
- Any complaints, suggestions and negative comments made are to be processed and used to improve the service. Complaints forms are available for this purpose for the users.
- For their data to be collected and processed purely for statistical purposes and, in the case of administrative data, for the rights and principles of the Spanish Personal Data Protection Act to be respected.
- For the statistical activity to be performed using methods that scientifically guarantee its accuracy.
- To provide accurate, precise, genuine and current data requested.
- Respect the schedule and running of the services and always follow the instructions of the staff.
The information offered covers the sphere of the statistical operations performed by the Basque Statistics Office. It consists of:
- The web server offering constantly updated information that mainly comes from the results of the statistical operations of the Statistical Programmes and Plans.
- The Data bank, that is accessible from the Eustat website and contains the series of statistical data of the statistical operations of the Statistical Programmes and Plans.
- “Quick Queries” service: telephone, fax, postal mail or electronic mail.
- “Customized statistical information” requests.
|- Eustat undertakes to disseminate in the website 80% of the statistical operations on the dates established in the annual Statistical Programme.
- The remaining 20% of the statistical operations shall be disseminated within three months (from the set date)
|- Percentage of statistical operations that have been disseminated on the set dates.
- Percentage of statistical operations that have been disseminated within three months (from the set date)
|- Eustat undertakes to answer 95% of the “quick queries” within 2 working days.||- Percentage of “quick queries” answered within 2 working days.|
|- The remaining 5% of the “quick queries” shall be answered within 5 working days.||- Percentage of “quick queries” answered within 5 working days.|
|- Eustat undertakes to answer 80% of the “customized statistical information” requests received within 10 working days from when the quote is accepted and provided that the data are available.||- Percentage of “customized statistical information” answered within 10 working days.|
|- The remaining 20% of the “Customized statistical information” received shall be answered within 30 working days.||- Percentage of “customized statistical information” answered within 30 working days.|
Eustat, as part of its public statistics role, provides an external advisory statement on designing, methodology, producing and disseminating official statistics. And also on themes related with the research and development areas in which it works, such as:
- Selecting and designing samples.
- Advice on the use of statistical software.
- Data analysis (factor analysis, etc.)
- General statistics methodology advice.
|- Eustat undertakes that 90% of the work commissioned relating to the “Methodology and Technical Advice Service” shall be produced within 20 working days, from when the quote is accepted and provided that the information is available.||- Percentage of work commissioned relating to the “Methodology and Technical Advice” service prepared within 20 working days.|
|- The remaining 10% of the work will be produced within 30 working days, from when the quote is accepted and provided that the information is available.||- Percentage of work commissioned relating to the “Methodology and Technical Advice” service prepared within 30 working days.|
|- Eustat undertakes that 100% of the work commissioned under institutional arrangement will be produced within agreed.||- Percentage of work commissioned under institutional arrangement prepared within agreed.|
Eustat offers different types of training: Summer Courses at the Basque University and the International Statistics Seminar.
|- Eustat undertakes to hold at least one International Statistics Seminar per year.||- Total number of International Statistics Seminars organised by Eustat per year.|
|- Eustat undertakes to organise at least one Summer Course per two years on the economy and society.||- Total number of Summer Courses organised per two years on the economy and society.|
Every year, compliance of these undertakings will be notified by means of:
In order to ensure the continuous improvement of its management, Eustat has developed a marketing strategy. A priority action of this strategy is to establish the perception that the user population has of its services.
Therefore, Eustat conducts the annual “User Satisfaction Survey” among the managers of institutions, entities, etc. that receive the institutional distribution of its publications, among the media to which Eustat sends the press releases and to those people that have requested information or any of its products or services.
The results of the satisfaction surveys are published on the Eustat website (www.eustat.es) and are disseminated through the leaflets that are then distributed.
Complaints and suggestions are another information source of data to establish the degree of satisfaction of the user population, along with possible areas for improvement.
A Complaints and Suggestions Form is available, which you can request and duly complete. You are free to express any complaint or suggestion about how the Eustat services are provided. Other ways to make complaints or suggestions are:
|- Eustat undertakes to answer 90% of the “complaints and suggestions” received within 3 working days.||- Percentage of “Complaints and Suggestions” answered within 3 working days.|
|- The remaining 10% of the “Complaints and Suggestions” shall be answered within 10 working days.||- Percentage of “Complaints and Suggestions” answered within 10 working days.|